Strategical, concise Marketing Communications & PR
Gerhard Heckmann: an experienced Online/Offline Communications, PR & Marketing Professional with
a fair knowledge and a proven track record in Strategical Communications, PR, Marketing, Marketing Communications, Technical Writing, Project Management, Fairs and Exhibitions, Event Management, Agency briefing and Sales Promotion.
- since 1990: Journalist (DJV - German Journalist Association since 1990) and Communications Consultant specialized on Corporate Communications, editorial work and PR based upon a fair background of experience gathered in several appointments in diverse innovation driven industries. Focused on but not limited to Semiconductors, IT & (mobile) Telecommunications, Online & Offline Marketing, TechWriting and Translations/Localizations
- Corporate Editor of the corporate employee and customer magazine and
Press Officer (parallel to my studies) at ARMSTRONG World
Industries (Muenster / Germany): development and implementation of personnel recruitment advertising
strategies, market survey & analysis for the corporate magazine,
press releases and maintenance of press contacts (ARMSTRONG also sponsored my
- Advertising & Communication Manager Europe embedded into Sales Support Group, responsible for merchandising & sales promotion.
Assuming main responsibility for all means of advertising, strategy development for CI/CD, internal and external communication, product literature and fairs & exhibitions in the Euro HQ's of Medex, Inc. (at that time known as 'cardionova GmbH', later 'Medex GmbH' in Ratingen/Germany), a US healthcare provider (designing, manufacturing and distributing critical care products: electronical devices, medical disposables, devices and infusion systems for a wide range of medical and surgical applications such as Neonatology/Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, Emergency and Intensive Care and the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory; Kit-Packing). In March 2005, Medex, Inc. has been acquired by the Smiths Medical Group, a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments.
- Assistant Forum Manager (responsible for Forum Marketing & PR / Forum & Community Management) for PC-ONLiNE,
the (at that time, discontinued) reknown German PC Magazin by Vogel Publishers, Munich resp. SysOp in the CompuServe fora
BIZDYNAMICS [Section 'Technology/Connectivity'], and PHOTOFORUM [Sections: 'Beginner's Corner', '35 mm',
'Point and Shoot / APS', 'Digital Imaging', 'Digital Photography', 'Digital Printers'])
- Postgraduate Education 'Project Manager for Interactive Media', a federal IT / Multimedia education program. Please see the online project
"The children of Perm" produced for the major German TV and broadcast station WDR, a beneficial / donation program for the childrens' cancer clinic in Perm / Russia, that I developed and implemented. The construction of a new clinic had been made possible by donations collected in a joint effort of WDR, the Dusseldorf local newspaper "Rheinische Post" and CARE
- Project Assistant at the Business Unit (BU) eMarketing of infomedia GmbH
infomedia GmbH at that time was a fully owned subsidiary of
ThyssenKrupp Information Services in Dusseldorf/Germany
infomedia clients coached include IKEA, Condor, Unilever, Lufthansa and the CMS managed
on-the-fly generated web presences of the Steigenberger Group
of Hotels or Gemini Consulting Executive Search.
- Project Manager / BU eMarketing at infomedia GmbH. Customer acquisition and sales activities (licensing business of CMS, direct (classic and online) mail and phone marketing for IT services). Also responsible for Internal and external Communications & PR.
- Marketing Communications Manager of Xtend new media (formerly known as infomedia), the brand into which
the infomedia group of companies and several acquisitions including one of Italy's top multimedia agencies had been merged. Since its foundation in 1992 Xtend had been a major player in this highly competitive market and continuosly ranked among the German Top 10 multimedia agencies. Responsible for all external and internal communication processes, employee information and training, implementation of Customer Relationship Management (B-2-B, B-2-C) and Direct Marketing activities. Addition: since 2002 Xtend new media is no more a ThyssenKrupp subsidiary and has returned to its roots and founders. The Italian branch linked here and the still existing Xtend best reflect what the former Xtend new media group as a whole achieved in the field of e-Business integration.
- PR-Manager at Micronas. Micronas (SIX Swiss Exchange: MASN), a semiconductor designer and manufacturer with worldwide operations, is a leading supplier of cutting-edge sensor and IC system solutions for automotive electronics. Micronas offers a variety of Hall sensors and microcontrollers for automotive and industrial applications, such as car dashboard, body control, as well as motor management and comfort functions.
Micronas serves all major automotive electronics customers worldwide, many of them in continuous partnerships seeking joint success. While the holding company is headquartered in Zurich (Switzerland), operational headquarters are based in Freiburg (Germany). For more information on Micronas and its products, please visit www.micronas.com. I have been Micronas' interims PR Manager while the holder of the position was on maternity leave.
- Managing Marketing Communications & PR at Memorysolution GmbH. Memorysolution was founded in 1997 and is one of the world‘s leading distributors for proprietary memory upgrades and generic DRAM modules. In addition, Memorysolution offers a wide range of hard drives, motherboards, barebones, coolers and flash based products such as Solid State Drives (SSDs), USB drives, flash cards and much more with a fantastic cost-benefit-ratio. Four national branch offices, one international branch office and two fully-owned subsidiaries in the USA and Asia are the ideal base for a globally operating company. Founder and President of Memorysolution is Gerald Diercks.
- As external consultant responsible for Sales & Marketing at green memory GmbH. green memory GmbH was founded in 2008 as a start-up enterprise by a small, however flexible and highly efficient team with long-standing IT industry experience in Freiburg / Germany. As an innovatively operating provider of electronic (mainly flash memory & CE) components green memory put in place a strict eco-friendly procurement policy that also allows their customers to source products in a way actively protecting the environment and improving the carbon footprint of the CE industry.
03/2009 - 12/2010
- Sales Consultant at Commeco Solutions GmbH. Commeco Solutions GmbH was founded in 1998. Its highly efficient team with long-standing IT industry experience serves major businesses and institutions all over Germany. As an innovatively operating provider of electronic components and service solutions Commeco in 2011 launched its LED brand badenled. As ISO 9001 certified manufacturer directly importing the badenled branded LED illuminants sport a very competitive price/performance ratio. badenled has a self-conception of a lighting solution provider "out of the region for the region", nevertheless "thinking big". Since August 2015 Commeco is under new management and unified with the electrical company and broadline supplier of brown and white goods, consumer electronics, full-range electrical installation and house automation specialist KUHN Elektro, looking back on a succesful history of more than 60 years. Today the "New Commeco" is even bigger and more powerful. Commeco nowadays is the "roof" for the several brands, of which badentoner is the latest, our new own brand for printing supplies that meet highest standards and quality requirements, yet is either ecologically sound as econonomically prized.
07/2013 - ongoing
- Having started out with Karate "from scratch" in 2006, in February 2008 I had been appointed to the post of Press Relations Officer of the Karate Dojo Breisach. This also included occasional work in behalf of the Baden-Wurttemberg Karate Association (KVBW) and German Karate Association (DKV). Since March 2012 I had been member of the board of the club, acting as Secretary.
- Effective communicator, languages talented
- Able to meet deadlines with a systematic and analytic approach to
- Self motivated, committed and able to work in fast-paced, multitasking multi-lingual environments
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible, with excellent organizational and strategic skills
- Innovative and receptive to new ideas, technologies and
- Creative with realistic budget-in-mind approach
- Computer literate: office automation packages (Lotus
SmartSuite, Microsoft Office), Image Processing
(Adobe Photoshop), Communication software and
Microsoft Windows in all versions up to Windows 10
- Knowledge of pre-production and production processes
either in print, photography, multimedia and AV production
HTML Online/offline Publishing/Authoring; CMS
- Totally conversant (negotiation level) in both English and German (native language)
- Good knowledge of spoken Russian
- Fair knowledge of French
- Qualification in Latin ("grosses Latinum")
- Basic conversational skills and reading / writing skills in Greek and Arabic
D-79206 Breisach am Rhein
Deutschland / Allemagne / Germany
Born in 1962, German citizen
Married - two sons
Member of the German
Journalists' Association (DJV) since 1990
Hobbies: Cooking (preferably Mediterranean cuisine), mechanical wrist watches, photography, Karate
See my entries in
DJV press database
Some value added URL's for you:
- Retire IE and finally get rid of all its immanent security risks.
Get yourself back a undisturbed lightning fast browsing experience with tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, integrated search and download managers:
Firefox, just the browser we deserve.
It's easy to customize your Firefox exactly the way you want it. Choose from thousands of add-ons.
- Know what's going on in the world with CNN
- Business and economic news and forecasts from one of the world's premiere business publications: CNN Money
- Looking for profound business information about Swiss companies, their financial strenght and about the people behind and their networks?
moneyhouse.ch is THE information source no. 1
- Keep up with the latest news and trends in German IT sales and distribution channels: ChannelPartner
- German lingo IT news for Professionals
Don't rack your brains over the best route, MAGIC EARTH and MAGIC EARTH Pro know how to bring you to your destination!
When it comes to Personal Navigation, the choice is harder then ever, offers on navigation solutions are a dime a dozen. Nowaydays, Geographic Information Systems are accessible to everyone and are inviting to use because of their practical, intuitive and professional features. With the strong popularity of smart phones these days, there's definitely no need to invest in a PND (Personal Navigation Device) and lug around another piece of hardware when traveling, be it for personal or professional purposes.
Frequently traveling across Europe and, dependent on the whereabouts, utilizing quite a number of different solutions since the times of Symbian OS, the product "ROUTE 66" always has been my reliable navigation program of choice. Its name might be gone, but the application itself was consistently further developed, renamed it now even got better! Its successor Magic Earth Pro combines the reknown ease of use of ROUTE 66 with state-of-the-art premium Turn-by-Turn Car Navigation using professional Maps and HD Traffic from TomTom.
New maps are finally here, and they have made them available in a modern and new app with lots of great new features.
Everything you love about your ROUTE 66 Navigate app just got better. The best is yet to come: as a ROUTE 66 Navigate user you can upgrade absolutely free of charge!
Magic Earth and Magic Earth Pro
With an experienced team of 40 engineers and looking back on 22 years of experience having pioneered the navigation business, the company has created an independent alternative for Google and Apple Maps. Magic Earth features 3D maps, Satellite maps, turn-by-turn navigation with HD traffic, public transport and downloadable maps that allow you to use Magic Earth even when you are not online. Hence, no roaming costs accur.
To also satisfy the professional user Magic Earth Pro was launched as a professional version (paid through in-app purchases), featuring Premium Turn-by-Turn Navigation using professional Maps and HD Traffic from TomTom.
Magic Earth Pro contains:
- Brand new maps from TomTom, with the most recent roads and places.
- 3D maps. The world isn't flat. So why are most maps?
- Satellite maps. Up to 7.5 cm accuracy. Yes, centimeter!
- Optimized turn-by-turn navigation for car.
- Offline Maps. Download maps to your iPhone. Save big on mobile internet costs, navigate reliably even if you don't have network coverage.
- Completely redesigned look and feel for an exceptional navigation experience.
You may want to start a risk-free and cost-neutral test with TOTALLY FREE version Magic Earth sporting OpenStreetMap, 3D maps, Satellite maps, Turn-by-turn navigation, HD Traffic, Transit and Offline maps. Entirely free. No risk, no ads, just a good navigation experience. Period. Here is how to get it.
Forewarned is forearmed
In addition to providing a wide range of cutting-edge solutions, Kaspersky Labs (as do I) believe that information is an essential element of safe computing. This section of the Kaspersky website offers information about all current threats ranging from basic definitions to thorough analysis and the Kaspersky Virus Encyclopedia (in English), a comprehensive library of virus descriptions.
Find the Latest Malware Descriptions and appropriate countermeasures here in the regularly updated Kaspersky Virus List.
What good is business without a network?
Do not miss the web presence of my journalist colleague Günter Mallmann, a professional writer with a solid journalistic education and more than two decades of experience in editorial work, PR and communication consultancy gained in several industries and numerous international appointments. Günter's actual focus is on Industry including but not limited to IT and Telecommunications; Trade, Finance, Administrations and NGO's.
Learn more about his style and the companies that already took advantage from his work by reading through some samples.
Go and check out the pages of Alisha Lehman-Wansing, Freelance Designer for Interactive Media, Print Media and Artwork. Her outstanding
references are always worth more than one look!
© Gerhard "Communicator" Heckmann, 1995-2017
This page was last modified on March 06, 2017
This page is intended for informational purposes and personal use only.
All logos, brands, trademarks and copyrights on this page are property of their respective owners.
Any responsibility for foreign content linked to from my website on other than my own webpages is explicitly denied.
The viewer of these pages is fully responsible for the observation of legal restrictions that might apply in the particular country of residence.
Against all trends and multimedia hypes, this site is hand-tailored and still maintained with
EditPad Pro, so it's best viewed with any browser :-)
click the icon for an e-mail
See our local Breisach weather report and learn why our corner of the world is called "Tuscany of Germany" :-)